Many people find it hard to exist in urban centers, considering the fact that the standards of living in most urban centers are high. Likewise, some people, who live in urban centers, are not fortunate enough to have incomes that could really sustain their urban lifestyles. These people are simply eking out a living, which is barely enough to sustain them every day; hence, they could only hope to make both ends meet. Meanwhile, some other people are proactive enough to find a second job that would enable them to gain additional incomes. They sometimes resort to driving cars-for-rent to augment their incomes. Yet, finding people who wanted to rent a car before was not easy. However, with the coming out of Uber, Lyft, and other ridesharing companies, the process of looking for a commuter who is willing to take a ride becomes a bit easy.
Ridesharing platforms, like Uber, make use of apps technology to enable commuters to find a ride. Using the Uber’s mobile apps, for example, commuters can now readily find a ride anywhere and anytime. Likewise, Uber provides the best uber promotion code to entice commuters to patronize its ridesharing business.
Uber Drivers as Entrepreneurs
Like any business or job, being an Uber driver has its own concomitant challenges. Say, for instance, the income of an average Uber driver fluctuates from day to day. Hence, Uber only gets a minimum of 20% from its drivers’ income, allowing drivers to retain the remaining 80% as their net incomes. Likewise, Uber does not subtract other deductions from their drivers’ net income. However, Uber drivers have to shoulder the payments of their own car insurance, gas, and car maintenance.
Being an Uber driver is like being a boss; you are the boss of your own business. It is always your call if you want to drive around as a ridesharing driver. In reality, Uber treats their drivers as “partners” or sub-contractors, and being an Uber partner can be very beneficial to part-timers who need a second job. However, if you are a family man, being a fulltime Uber driver may be disadvantageous to you, considering the fluctuating income of Uber drivers. Uber drivers may actually earn more than those who work in other jobs. Yet, as a fulltime Uber driver, you simply do not have the usual benefits accorded those who are regular employees of any company. Since Uber is simply your partner and not your employer, Uber has no obligation to provide you with benefits due to a regular employee. Furthermore, you also need to pay for your insurance and your car’s insurance, and for this reason, you simply need to allot money for these matters from your daily ridesharing incomes.
Another point is that, although you may not be an employee of Uber, your ratings is still being assessed by Uber, and Uber has the right to terminate its partnership with you if you are deemed not qualified because of your low ratings from previous customers. You are not really the real boss when you join Uber, and your status is halfway between an employee and a partner.